Saturday, November 5, 2011

Locked'n'Denied is Dead for Now

Last year I created a massive website for locked boiz - http://www.lockedndenied.com. It took nearly 200 hours to build and many many hours after that to expand and modify to meet the needs of members.

Then my fucking hosting company, Arvixe, fucked up royally. There was too much traffic so they shut it down - because on a shared server it was sucking everyone else's bandwidth. so I ordered a much larger account, created a cpanel backup as suggested so their techies could move it to the new server. They did, but it was broken. I created a new cpanel backup and asked them to do the transfer again ... only this time they didn't apply the backup to the NEW server account, they applied it to the current one, and because this second cpanel backup was also corrupted it wiped out EVERYTHING.

Apparently there was simply too much data that the cpanels couldn't back up. And the stupid tech guys didn't pay attention to where they were uploading.

My current business has been incredibly good and, because I wasn't making any money with LockednDenied.com, I didn't make it a priority.

I may come back to it at some point because I got to know a bunch of you horny locked up bastards and I miss the community.

I hope that if I do bring back LockednDenied.com you will forgive me and rejoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment